Google Sheets has made sharing and organizing data much less worrying, partly as a result of it gives options like row or column locking. In case your spreadsheet incorporates too many rows and columns, it may be tough to navigate.
That is why it’s simpler to learn the information in your spreadsheet by closing or freezing what is often known as a row or column. On this article we are going to present you the best way to do it.
Rows and columns are closed in Google Pages
In case your Google Web page rows or columns freeze or shut, click on on their place and don’t transfer. If you’re working with a spreadsheet that incorporates an excessive amount of knowledge to maintain up with, give rows and columns a little bit higher management over your doc.
Usually you solely want to shut the primary column or row. However you can even freeze others that come after it. To shut a row or column, you solely want three steps:
- Choose one cell within the row or column you wish to shut.
- Go to your Google Pages toolbar and click on View.
- Choose the Freeze choice from the menu.
- Choose Earlier than Present Column or Earlier than Present Row to shut every row or column as much as the chosen cell.
As soon as your rows and columns are closed, you possibly can scroll by way of the spreadsheet and it stays in place. If you must confer with them, you don’t have to return to search out them.
You will note a grey cell border that higher separates closed and unlocked cells. If it’s good to unlock rows and columns, return to the View> Freeze choice within the toolbar and choose No columns or rows now.
Conceal rows and columns in Google Pages
Typically you do not want to shut a row or column, nor do it’s good to confer with it whereas working in your spreadsheet. As a substitute of eradicating it, you possibly can quickly cover cells and rows. To do that, observe these steps:
- Open Google Pages in your browser.
- Choose the row or column you wish to cover and spotlight it.
- Proper-click and choose Conceal Row or Conceal Column within the menu. You will note an arrow above the now hidden column or row.
If you wish to show a row or column, simply click on on the arrow.
On high of that, it additionally takes just a few clicks if you wish to hyperlink rows or columns collectively. Choose the rows and columns you wish to mix and go to the Google Pages toolbar. Select Format> Merge Cells, and that is all.
Easy methods to lock cells and shield Google Pages
In some circumstances, you solely must lock extra cells in the whole spreadsheet. This characteristic in Google Pages is clearly meant to guard sure elements of your doc from modifications. If you don’t want sure knowledge to be edited or deleted, a cell or cell block is required. This is the best way to do it:
- Open Google Pages and choose the cell or vary of cells you wish to shield.
- Go to the Information toolbar after which choose Protected Sheets and Collection.
- It is possible for you to to call the vary we advocate for higher navigation.
- Choose Set permissions, after which choose an choice within the menu. You possibly can choose ‘Limit who can edit this sequence’ or ‘Solely you’.
This fashion you make it possible for solely trusted collaborators, or solely you, can change the cell or vary in query.
Handle your Google Pages successfully
Nothing beats panic while you understand your spreadsheet knowledge is lacking. Or that somebody has modified it fallacious. That is why defending Google Sheets is essential. This ensures that each piece of data is all the time in place.
Closing or freezing rows and columns saves lots of time when working with a big spreadsheet. If you do not want to make use of it in the meanwhile, you possibly can all the time cover the specified row or column.
Have you ever ever blocked a cell, row or column in Google Pages? Do you generally cover rows and columns? Tell us within the feedback.