Apple has won the hearts of millions of people around the world with its superior quality. The brand offers a wide range of premium gadgets, from iPhone to Mac and Apple Watch to HomePod. Like any other electronic gadget, these devices can develop problems over time. This is when warranty comes into the picture.
A warranty is a manufacturer’s undertaking that if something goes wrong with a device within a certain period of time, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge to the user. In this guide, I will show you how to check the warranty status of your Apple devices and get the most out of your investment.
Check warranty status at Apple Check Coverage.
To check the status of your product on the Check Coverage website, you must have a serial number.
If you don’t have your Mac’s serial number, see our article on how to check MacBook versions and specifications. Meanwhile, on iPhone and iPad, you can go to Settings → General → About → hold down Serial Number and tap Copy.
Once you have your serial number, do the following:
- head to Check the coverage page.
- Enter your serial number in the field below the “Enter serial number” field.
- Enter the code displayed in the field correctly.
- Click ‘Submit’.
You can now see the status of service and support coverage.
Use the Apple Support app to check your warranty
This method is only valid for iPhone and iPad devices.
- download Apple Support app.
- Sign in with your Apple ID if you aren’t signed in automatically.
- Select My devices → select your device.
- Click on Device Information.
- You may see “Limited Warranty” or “Expired” under the coverage information.
Use my support page to check your warranty
- launch My support page.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click “View all my devices” in the “My devices” section.
- Select your device.
You can now view all information in the Coverage section.
How to check warranty status on Apple devices
In addition to the procedures above, you can also use the methods listed below to check the Apple warranty status of the product.
iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Launch the Settings app.
- Go to General → About.
- Select Limited or Expired Warranty.
Depending on your status, you’ll see “Limited Warranty” or “Expiration of Coverage” at the top. You can act accordingly.
macOS is coming:
- Go to the Apple logo () → select System Preferences.
- Go to General → About.
- Click the Details button next to “Limited Warranty” or “Expiration of Coverage” for more information.
Mac OS Monterrey:
- Launch the Apple logo () → select System Preferences.
- Click the Support tab.
- Click the Details button.
You will now be redirected to my support page. Sign in with your Apple ID to check your device’s warranty status.
- Go to the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Select General → About.
- Click on Limited or Expired Warranty for more information.
AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max
Make sure your AirPods are connected to your iPhone before proceeding and follow the steps below to check their warranty.
- Launch the Settings app on your paired iPhone.
- Tap on your AirPods name.
- Scroll down and select “Limited Warranty” or “Expiration of Coverage.”
Calculate the remaining warranty period using the date of purchase or delivery
In addition to the above methods, another easy way to check Apple product warranty details is to look at the purchase date on the invoice. Every Apple product carries a one-year limited warranty.
Therefore, the warranty case for Apple devices such as the Magic Mouse, Magic Keyboard or Magic Keyboard lasts 12 months. For example, if you purchased a product on January 1, 2023, it will be covered until January 1, 2024.
Q: How do I extend my Apple warranty?
Purchasing AppleCare + will allow you to extend your Apple warranty. Plus, you get advanced technical support, hardware protection, and accidental damage insurance.
s. Does the Apple warranty still apply if the repair is done by a third party?
Unfortunately, third party repairs will void your Apple product warranty. Your warranty may not be valid if your device was repaired by an unlicensed repair shop.
If the above procedure is too complicated for you, you can contact Apple Support and provide them with your device serial number to inquire about the warranty status. Keeping track of your device’s warranty status is vital and simple.
If you found this guide helpful, please let us know in the comments and share with your friends!
- Best Standing Cases for iPhone 14 Plus and 14 Pro Max
- The best keyboard cases for the 10.9-inch iPad 10th generation
- The best 14-inch MacBook Pro cases
- The best leather cases for AirPods Pro