Did you come across a great Instagram video and want to use the audio to create a podcast, add it as background music, or use it in other content? You may be wondering how to extract audio from a video, especially if you are not familiar with video editing tools. In this blog post, I will show you how you can use built-in and third-party apps to extract audio from videos on your iPhone.
If you just want to edit the audio tracks of a video, you can use iMovie on your iPhone. Also, you can use audio from other videos in your movie project. Unfortunately, it does not allow you to save audio from videos. So I found a solution to do the same.
The best app to extract audio from video on iPhone is Shortcuts. Creating a shortcut to convert video to audio can seem very complicated. That’s why I suggest installing this Audio extraction abbreviation.
- Clicking the link above will redirect you to the Shortcuts app.
- Select (+) add shortcut.
- Now go to the Photos app → select the video from which you want to extract audio.
- Click the “Share” button.
- Bring up the shared sheet and select Separate Voice.
Extracting the audio will take some time.
- Go to the Browse tab → select the icon with three dots at the top.
- Click New Folder to create a folder in iCloud Drive.
- Navigate to the new folder and click “Open”.
The audio file will be saved in the folder.
- To access the audio clip, open the Files app and navigate to the folder you created.
You can now rename and share the extracted audio clip. Alternatively, you can access the shortcut using Siri voice commands.
Use third-party apps to convert video to audio on iPhone
There are many video to audio converter apps available in the play store. Surprisingly, you can also use the Documents app to extract audio from videos on your iPhone.
Here I use the simpler option, using Audio Converter app.
- Download the app from app store.
- Open the app → tap the plus icon.
- Select Import from video. He will ask for permission.
- Now select the desired video → click Done.
- Go back to the home page and tap on the video.
- Select Extract Audio.
- The editing interface will open. Click on the export icon in the upper right corner.
- Rename the audio file → click OK.
- You can now send or upload the audio to iCloud by tapping the info icon.
Be aware that third party applications may invade privacy. So be careful before using any private videos.
Audio extraction without problems!
I hope this guide helped show you how to extract audio from video on your iPhone. So, whether you are a content creator or want to extract audio from your personal videos, you can do it in a few easy steps. You can then upload the audio file to iCloud and edit the audio on your Mac.
Find out more…
- Best video editing apps for iPhone and iPad
- Music editing apps for iPhone and iPad
- Best iPhone and iPad Apps for Filmmakers