Considering the number of people who use Facebook on a daily basis, it is almost impossible to find a user profile with just their name. As a result, you might be wondering, what if I could search for my Facebook username instead? However, finding your Facebook username on iPhone, iPad or Mac can be a tedious task if you do not know about the process.
With that in mind, I decided to give you some useful information to find your username on the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad, or on the official website. Let’s Begin.
Why should you access or change your Facebook username?
Facebook has been a revolution in terms of social media and people have been using this platform every day for a very long time. As a result, it is important to know how to change or access your username. This helps ensure that you remain in control of how your profile is defined on the social media platform. Also, it can be used to customize your Facebook page URL.
In addition, this practice has many advantages:
- Provide an extra layer of security, identify your personal brand, and ensure that your friends and other users can easily identify you.
- With a custom username, it’s easier to send someone a link to your profile than with a long, complicated URL.
- This can help you create a recognizable online presence, even if you appear on other social media platforms.
- Finally, a unique username allows you to effectively manage multiple accounts, both professional and private.
In doing so, each Facebook user can assign a unique Facebook username to their profile using a simple and straightforward method.
How to find and change your Facebook username on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Click on the profile icon in the lower right corner.
- Scroll down the list and select Settings & privacy → Settings.
- Now go to the More Details section of the Accounting Center.
- Go to your user profile and select the account of your choice.
- When prompted, click Username to view your current username.
- Also, you can rename your username if you want → click Finish.
- Finally, tap Done to complete the process.
How to find and change your Facebook username online
- Visit the official website Facebook Through any convenient browser for you.
- Click on your profile → go to Settings and privacy in the menu.
- Click Settings when prompted.
- In this case, you can find your account username at the end of the link, as shown below.
- Alternatively, you can change your Facebook ID username by clicking the Change button.
- Enter your preferred username and, if available, click Save Changes.
- Enter your ID password when prompted and click submit to complete the process.
These methods, categorized according to different platforms, will lead you to the corresponding Facebook username, after which you can change it if you wish.
Frequently Asked Questions Can I use my Facebook username to log into my account?
No, your Facebook username does not match your login credentials. You will still need to use your email address or phone number and password to log into your Facebook account.
Can I change my Facebook profile name?
Yes, changing your Facebook profile name is very easy and can be done in a few simple steps.
Can I change my Facebook user ID?
Your Facebook User ID cannot be changed. Your Facebook user ID acts as a unique identifier when you access a third-party app or game using Facebook as an authenticator. This identifier is generated by the system and is different for each application.
Be unique in the crowd
Finding your Facebook username is an easy process if you know how. The procedures described above will shed light on the problem.
Thanks for reading, and please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
- How to disable active Facebook status on iPhone and iPad
- How to take a break from someone on Facebook
- How to add music to your Facebook profile and story on iPhone and Android
Yash is a driven individual with a passion for technology and its impact on our world. Its purpose is to educate and inform others about the latest developments in technology and how they can benefit society. In line with this, he has a deep passion for anime and the Marvel Cinematic Universe, if not writing.