Google Pages usually incorporates giant quantities of information that may span a number of printed pages. Nevertheless, this could be a downside for anybody studying your spreadsheet knowledge, because the columns will be too difficult to find. Your audience could also be struggling to match which knowledge matches which column, and that is positively one thing you need to keep away from.
An answer is required, and thankfully there’s a option to take away this little impediment. With Google Pages, you possibly can freeze columns (and rows) of headings so that every one headings are printed on every web page. For sure, it makes it simpler to determine every column, as every subsequent web page repeats the headline on the primary web page of the Google web page.
Freeze and print column headings rapidly in Google Pages
As a private choice, I encourage you to make use of Google Chrome for all of the associated wants of Google Drive, because it tends to carry out barely higher within the browser model of the app. That is as much as you, as a result of most browsers present entry to Google Drive and, extra importantly, for this text, Google Pages.
To freeze the column headings of their place:
- Go to Google Drive and open the spreadsheet for redirects.
- Click on the ribbon on the high of the View tab and choose Free from the menu after which 1 column.
In case your cells are related, you could encounter an error like this:
– forces you to make the required changes. If the whole lot is so as, the display screen could show a modified model of the present spreadsheet. You will notice that the columns chosen to freeze comply with as you scroll to every successive column (A to Z). It merely signifies that the column is closed instead. This additionally applies in case your leaf extends past the Z and modifications to double and even triple letters.
- Then go to the File tab and choose Print.
Within the preview, notice that every web page repeats the column headings on the high. If you wish to create greater than 1 column, you’re requested to enter 2 columns or earlier than the present column (?). The latter extends to the farthest column you may have displayed. You possibly can solely cease 5 columns or ten rows.
You possibly can comply with the identical course of if you wish to repeat the principles, which you’ll be able to see on the View tab. Simply bear in mind to keep away from
and the whole lot has to work out.
Extra option to freeze column headings in Google Pages
The subsequent option to freeze your columns and rows is definitely simpler, relying on how good you’re with the cursor placement. There’s a thick grey bar on the high left of the Google web page which you could drag for each rows and columns. This will considerably pace up the method of freezing columns (and rows), particularly if you wish to make changes.
To make use of this selection:
- Transfer the cursor over the panel, maintain down the left mouse button and drag the panel to the best till you choose the variety of columns you need to freeze.
- Place the panel in place by releasing the left mouse button.
- You are able to do the identical for rows by dragging the bar down till you attain the rows you need to freeze.