Have you ever wanted to make a purchase but didn’t have the full amount up front? With Apple Pay Later, you can buy whatever you want from a participating seller and get your money back from Apple over time. Let’s take a look at what Apple Pay Later is, what you need to use it for, and how to set it up on your iPhone and iPad.
What is Apple Pay Later?
Apple Pay Later is a service where you make a purchase from a participating merchant and the total cost is divided into 4 payments over 6 weeks. Apple pays the full amount to the seller, and returns the balance without any fees or interest to Apple.
You can use Apple Pay Later for online and in-app purchases between $50 and $1,000 on an iPhone or iPad that supports Apple Pay.
Applying for an Apple Pay Later loan does not affect your credit; However, after the purchase, your credit and payment history They may be reported to credit bureaus and affect your credit.
Apple Pay requirements at a later date
To use Apple Pay later, you must:
- You must be at least 18 years old. If you are a resident of Alabama, you must be at least 19 years old.
- Be a US citizen with a valid physical address, not a PO Box. The service is not currently available in Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Wisconsin, or the United States.
- Your device must be running at least iOS 16.4 or iPadOS 16.4.
- Set up Apple Pay with the appropriate debit card required for your initial Apple Pay Later payment.
- Set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
- You have a driver’s license or government-issued ID if proof of identification is required.
In addition, Apple Pay Later is currently only available to invited customers. Customers are randomly selected via their Apple ID email to use the Service Preview.
How to set up Apple Pay Later on your iPhone or iPad
- On your iPhone, open the Wallet app. On your iPad, open Settings and select Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Click the Add (plus sign) button.
- Select Set Up Apple Pay Later and click Continue.
- Follow the instructions to apply for Apple Pay Later credit by entering the total amount you’re requesting, including tax and shipping.
- Click Next and confirm your name, date of birth, and address.
- Confirm the information and select Accept and Apply.
- Read the payment plan and loan agreement, then click Add to Wallet.
Once your Apple Pay Later balance is approved, you have up to 30 days to complete your purchase. Later, you can see the Apple Pay approved amount available for the spending area.
If you have specific questions, concerns or concerns, you can get in touch Apple Pay support later.
How to use Apple Pay Later on iPhone and iPad
To use your Apple Pay Later spendable amount from the Wallet app, follow these steps:
- Select Apple Pay during checkout.
- Go to the Pay Later tab and click Continue.
- Review the payment plan and loan agreement, then click Continue or Agree and Continue.
- Select the debit card you wish to use for the first payment and follow the instructions.
- Double-click the side button and use Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode to confirm the payment.
Convenient payment method!
Apple Pay Later is a convenient service that can help you buy what you want, but you can’t pay the full price up front. Although Apple is technically a short-term loan, it charges no interest or fees, making it a convenient payment method.
Do you think you’ll try Apple Pay later? Let us know why and why not!
To learn more, learn how to set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch to make purchases with your wearable devices.
- Download the breathtaking iPhone WWDC 2023 wallpapers here
- How to turn on sound isolation for phone calls
- Does Walmart accept Apple Pay? How to check iPhone