If you want to add some drama to your Instagram story or convey a genuine emotion, the sad face filter can help. Instagram filters can help you express different emotions, including sadness, disappointment, or grief, through your Instagram stories or posts. This article will guide you how to use the Instagram sad face filter from your iPhone or Android device.
How to get a sad face filter on Instagram reels
- Launch the Instagram app on iPhone or Android.
- Swipe left on the home screen → select Reel from the bottom options.
- Click on the Effects icon (three stars).
- Select the search icon → Search sad face.
After searching for a sad face filter, you can follow the steps below to include a sad face in your video.
Use the sad face filter on your Instagram reels
- Explore and select a sad face filter from the list.
- Click on the filter screen at the top.
- Record a clip with the filter applied → select Next.
- Select “Modify clips” if you want to edit the clip → choose “Next”.
- Make any necessary changes, such as adding alt text, annotations, etc.
- Click Share.
How to use Sad Face Filters on Instagram Live
You can also use Instagram Live sad face filters as well as Instagram Reels by following the steps below.
- Open Instagram → swipe left from the home screen.
- Select “Live” from the bottom menu → click on the “Live” button.
- Click emoji.
- Choose a sad face from the filters below.
You may have to wait a few seconds for the live broadcast changes to take effect.
Add sad face filters to Instagram stories
- Launch Instagram → go to the story screen by swiping left.
- Click on the image of the human face.
Ensure that the face has the correct angle to the face.
- Click on the “Effects” icon in the top menu.
- Choose a sad filter from the available options → tap Done.
- Select the arrow (→) to post the photo as a story.
Can I customize the Instagram sad face filter?
No, the Instagram “Sad Face Filter” is a preset filter that cannot be customized. However, you can customize more of your Instagram posts with other editing tools.
Can I save sad face filter photos and videos on Instagram?
You can save your photos and videos with Instagram Sad Face filter. Simply tap the three dots → choose “Save” after you take a photo or record a video with the filter applied.
Use as you see fit!
The powerful features of Instagram make it a great platform for communication and self-expression for our followers. Sad face filter is one way to convey emotion to our Instagram followers which makes the process much easier. While we are talking about Instagram, I would like to invite you to check it out. iGeeksblog handle.
- Share a Tweet to your Instagram Story on iPhone
- How to download Instagram Stories on iPhone
- How to download Instagram Reels on iPhone